Holy Stone HS170 Predator Mini RC Helicopter Drone 2.4Ghz
Headless security system enables players of any level to fly the drone easily
2. 4GHz technology adopted for anti-interference
More stable and flexible with 6-axis gyro stabilization system
Good PERFORMANCE of wind-resistant control range: About 30-50 meters
Flight time: about 6-8 minutes Charging time: about 45-60 minutes (undercurrents input 0. 5A-1a)
Holy Stone HS170 Predator Mini RC Helicopter Drone 2.4Ghz 6-Axis Gyro 4 Channels Quadcopter Good Choice for Drone Training
1. HEADLESS FLIGHT SYSTEM orients the quadcopter’s flight on the controller (instead of always on the drone’s “head”), making it more interesting to fly and easier to master
2. Low-interference 2.4GHz technology
3. 6-Axis gyro stabilization system for effortless recovery after stunts and sudden moves
5. Control range: 30-50 Meters
6. Flying time: 6-8 minutes
7. Charging time: 45-60 minutes (under current input 0.5A-1A)
Important Tips :
1. Suitable for pilots aged 14 years or elder (please follow the instruction manual carefully)
2. This quadcopter has powerful, ultra-responsive motors. Adjust the throttle slowly to maintain control.
3. The motors and circuit board may heat up with use. Take a 10-minute cool-down break between flights to ensure your parts last as long as possible
4. The USB charger should be used with a current input under 0.5A, or you could use an upgraded 5 in 1 battery charger ( B00QHUONLE )
5. The weight of the quadcopter is less than 0.55lb, so no FAA registration is required
Headless Mode brings much more confidence for the beginners and young children, under which no matter what direction the aircraft is facing, the forward stick is forward, and the back stick is backward.
6-Axis Gyro Technology
6-Axis Gyro Technology enables the drone to flip and role by a simple push of the button. Hold down the right direction stick to perform a cool roll in any direction.
3 Different Speed Modes
3 Different Speed Modes for beginners to more advanced pilots. Superfast at the highest speed for a micro quad.
The Colorful LED lights
The Colorful LED lights make it easy to identify the front and back so as to make the quad a great night flyer.
- 1 x Quadcopter
- 1 x 2.4G Remote controller (AA batteries not included)
- 1 x 3.7V 350mAh Li-ion battery
- 4 x Additional blades
- 1 x USB charger
- 1 x Screwdriver
- 1 x User Manual
- 1 x Propellers crowbar
(Amazon – please note that I received this as a gift from my wife and therefore I am not recorded as a verified purchaser; I am submitting this review under my Amazon account)
Let me begin with this: I build and fly R/C airplanes and fly R/C helicopters, and have been doing so for over 20 years. I am quite familiar with nicad and lipo battery chemistries and the unique requirements each battery type has regarding how they are charged, stored, and how they are used.Mini RC Helicopter Drone.
This is my second HS170, the first one quit working and Amazon exchanged it for another – that new one is the reason for my review.
Please note that while I am about to raise an issue, and potentially very dangerous issue, I would be remiss if I failed to mention that in both instances the copter performed flawlessly. It is a real pleasure to fly. (If it were not for the issue regarding the battery, detailed below this paragraph, I would have given it 5 stars). Minor things to note would be 1) winds do disturb this little guy, but it is that – little and lightweight – so not a real surprise. 2) the stabilization system on the HS170 needs a little work. Nothing terrible, it just is not perfectly stable in windless conditions. Perhaps the gyros or the algorithms used are to blame, but you have to keep in mind that the HS170 is very inexpensive and what do we really expect for such a low cost? One could argue that the commoditization of gyros and brushless motors would lead an intuitive economist to expect prices to drop to the levels of this toy, but that same person could argue that with the commoditization and the increasing demand for these products, that performance would be employed as a differentiation strategy…but I digress. Two minor issues with a fun toy. Mini RC Helicopter Drone.
Now the problem that concerns me greatly. Mini RC Helicopter Drone.
Yesterday while charging my battery using the included charger, the charger melted down and the battery pack began to fill with gas. I was watching over the pack and had turned away to grab a coffee. After preparing the coffee I retired and found the charger melting! Let me stop and reiterate a tried and true safety practice with LIPO batteries:
Never charge any lipo battery without watching it during the entire charging process!
I unplugged it, took the assembly outside and placed it in a fireproof section of concrete and let it all cool down. The battery didn’t erupt into flames as LIPO batteries are known to do when things go wrong. Mini RC Helicopter Drone
I’m including a picture of the (melted) charger.
I’m not sure where to go with this experience for my own benefit (attempt to return it to Amazon, hope that the manufacturer takes note, etc).
But I feel it is my responsibility to notify you, the readers of this product review, of this issue – and hope that you pay attention while charging, lest you discover a small incredibly brilliant fireball alight where you tiny LIPO battery once sat.